Sunday, September 5, 2010

Progress on my Angel Sampler

Hello everybody and Happy Sunday !! Aren't you all glad that tomorrow is a holiday? I love long weekends. I am always able to relax a lot more and, of course, I have lots more time to dedicate to my cross stitching. I have been working like crazy on my Angel Band Sampler and I thought I would show you my progress. I have finished the two first parts and I have a third left before I complete the satin stitches and finish it. It is a fun little sampler and I love the contrast in colors. I changed the blue that it asked for originally and chose a darker blue that shows better. I like the change and can't wait to finish it. This will be the first sampler I've stitched, so I am very excited about it.

Hola queridas amigas, Feliz Domingo !!! Mañana es fiesta aquí en Estados Unidos y yo estoy tan contenta. Me encantan los fines de semana largos. Me relajo muchísimo y puedo dedicar todo el domingo a hacer lo que mas me gusta: punto de cruz. He estado bordando mi Angel Band Sampler como una loca y quiero enseñaros lo avanzado que lo llevo. He terminado las dos primeras partes y me queda una tercera antes de terminarlo todo. Es un Sampler muy divertido de bordar y me encanta el contraste de colores. He cambiado el color azul por uno un poco mas oscuro, ya que el original que llevaba casi no se veía. Este es mi primer Sampler y me hace mucha ilusión terminarlo.


I like the colors in the angel to the right, the one to the left is a bit more boring :-) So far they have no eyes, but they will soon !!

Me gustan los colores del angel de la derecha, el de la izquierda es un poquito mas monotono y aburrido :-) De momento no tienen ojos, pero pronto los tendrán !!!


I love the way the blue contrasts with the other colors. I am glad I chose a darker one. It shows so much better than the original it asked for.

Me encanta el contraste del azul con los otros colores. Creo que el cambiar al color azul mas oscuro fue una decisión acertada. Queda mucho mejor que el original.


Below is a Lizzie Kate I finished today also. Did I mention that I love long weekends because I can spend the Sunday cross stitching and finishing? :-) :-) This will most definitely hang somewhere in my home..... but then again, I will probably end up giving it away as a gift to somebody dear to me.

Este es un modelo de Lizzie Kate que he terminado hoy también. ¿Os he dicho que me encantan los fines de semana largos porque tengo tanto tiempo para bordar y terminar los bordados?? :-) Esto lo voy a colgar en algún sitio en mi casa....... aunque, al final, lo mas probable es que se lo regale a alguna querida amiga.





And this is it for now..... The last weekend in September I'll be in Utah at the Shepherd's Bush retreat... I can't tell you how super excited I am to go. This is my first time and I've heard so many wonderful things about it. I'll be going by myself and, once there, I'll hook up with my sweet friend Katrina. I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait......

Pues esto es todo por ahora.... El ultimo fin de semana de Septiembre me marcho a Park City, Utah al Retreat de Shepherd's Bush. No os podeis imaginar la ilusión que me hace. Esta es la primera vez que voy y todo el mundo me dice lo maravilloso que es. Voy yo sola y allí he quedado con mi querida amiga Katrina. Que ilusión, que ilusión, que ilusión..... !!!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your long weekend and stitch a lot. Thanks so much for stopping by, it means the world to me. I'll be back soon, until then...... keep stitching happily !!

Espero que disfrutéis de la semana que empieza y que tengáis muchas oportunidades de hacer punto de cruz. Muchas gracias por visitar mi blog, de verdad que significa mucho para mi. Nos vemos pronto, hasta entonces, seguid bordando con paz y felicidad. Un abrazo..

14 comments:

valerie said...

Beautiful progress on your angel sampler and congrats on your L*K finish. I love the pom pom trim!

I'll be at the SB Retreat as well! I'll look forward to meeting you... :)

Margaret said...

Oh my! I love your Angel Band Sampler! I love your Lizzie Kate as well! You are so lucky to be going to the SB retreat. I'm totally envious! So many good blogging friends are going this time!

Karen said...

Your WIP is pretty...love the colors! Love your LK finish too...the pompom trim it too cute.

Katrina said...

Can't wait for Shepherd's Bush we are going to have so much fun :-).

Love your LK finish and your angel sampler is gorgeous.

Lois said...

What nice progress on your Angel Sampler. The colours are lovely! What a cute L*K finish too! Enjoy the SB retreat and have fun with Katrina! I am very envious of anyone who is going!

Blu said...

Very cute LK finish. Your Angel Sampler looks great!

Sharyn said...

HI, Natalia!
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!
Your Angel Sampler is lovely, and I really like your LK too!
Have a wonderful time at the SB retreat! Will be looking for a full report.
I didn't realize that you lived in CO. It's such a pretty state, I have often thought it would be great to live there. Do you see the mts where you live?

Siobhán said...

Your angel sampler is SO pretty! I love the colors in it. Congrats on the finish, too!

Nieves Mª said...

Natalia son unas labores preciosas. Además con antelación suficiente a mi siempre se me acumula el trabajo en navidades hasy tantas cosas preciosas para hacer....

Un beso enorme desde España.

Nieves Mª

Estrella said...

Hola guapa, muchas gracias por tu comentario en mi blog... gracias a ello ahora te visitare a menudo.....Me encanta el sampler y la combinacion de colores es preciosa..... Me alegro de conocerte. Besos tambien desde España, Estrella

danybrod said...

J'adore les anges
Cette broderie est très jolie !
Je vous embrasse natalia et vous souhaite un beau weekend
Dany

http://dany88.canalblog.com/

Maritza said...

Gracias por el comentario que dejaste en mi blog. Me guta mucho el bordado que estás haciendo y lo bonito que te va a quedar el simpler!!! un beso

Talia said...

Hola, tocaya!!!! te he conocido a través del blog de Nieves que habitualmente le sigo y veo que tienes un blog precioso, aparte de coincidir en gustos similares... (también me encanta el Real Madrid, ja, ja...) me hago seguidora tuya ahora mismo.
Besotes desde Madrid-España.

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

What a wonderful ornament.